Knitting Pattern - Candy Corn Hat
Pattern ONLY! This is NOT a physical hat. It is the PATTERN so that YOU can make the candy corn yourself.
If you purchase this item, it will be immediately available for you to download as a PDF file, which can be opened with Adobe Reader. The PDF is formatted so that it will also look nice printed - you must print it yourself. The PDF includes the colorwork chart.
This is a BEGINNER PATTERN.
Pattern is in US English.
What You Need (AKA Materials and Tools)
- US size 6 circular needles, and size 8 circular needles (whatever length you’re most comfortable with, I used 14”) - you’ll be knitting in the round – I used the smaller needles for the brim then switched to larger for the body to make sure the pattern remained decently stretchy
- US size 8 DPNs (4 of them)
- worsted weight yarn in black, yellow, orange, and white
- yarn needle (for closing the hole at the top)
- crochet hook (optional for weaving in ends)
- stitch marker (optional, but recommended)
Gauge: about 5 sts/in, 5 rows/in
Finished hat measures approx. 11” tall and 9” across when lying flat using the needles above. Change needle-sizes and/or yarn weights to make slight adjustments to the size.
This isn’t an insanely difficult hat, but I do recommend you have experience with colorwork, grabbing your floats, tension, etc. The chart is worked from the bottom up and repeated 4x around the hat.
- k: knit
- p: purl
- k1p1: knit 1 purl 1
- k2tog: knit 2 together (decrease)
- st/sts: stitch/stitches
- rnd/rnds: round/rounds
- CO: cast on
** There are NO REFUNDS for PATTERN purchases. **
Physical item orders over $50 qualify for free domestic US shipping! Buy more stuff!